The Magician 
KOREAN DRAMA MOVIE
- Movie: The Magician (English title) / Joseon Magician (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Joseonmasoolsa
- Hangul: 조선마술사
- Director: Kim Dae-Seung
- Writer: Jo Jung-Hwa, Kim Dae-Seung
- Producer: Choi Jae-Won, Choi Jung-Ho
- Cinematographer: Jo Sang-Yoon
- Release Date: December 30, 2015
- Runtime: 122 min.
- Genre: Period / Romance
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Hwan-Hee (Yoo Seung-Ho) is the most sought after magician in the Moorangroo, a popular red-light district area in Uiji of the Joseon Dynasty. Hwan-Hee suffers personally from his abusive childhood. As a child, he was physically abused by Gwi-Mol (Kwak Do-Won), a magician from the Qing Dynasty. Hwan-Hee and his friend Bo-Eum (Jo Yoon-Hee) eventually ran away from Gwi-Mol. To this day, they worry about Gwi-Mol.
Meanwhile, Cheong-Myung (Go Ara) is a Princess of the Joseon Dynasty. She travels to the Qing Dynasty to marry the Prince of the Qing Dynasty. She doesn’t want to get married, but she had no choice due to her family. On the way to Qing, she stops with her group in Uiji of the Joseon Dynasty. There, she meets Hwan-Hee near a cliff on the mountainside. Hwan-Hee is unaware that Cheong-Myung is a princess, but he falls in love with her. Cheong-Myung also falls for Hwan-Hee’s free-spirited ways. The violent magician Gwi-Mol is set to return to Joseon in search of Hwan-Hee and Bo-Eum and a conspiracy is set to take place within the Princess’ inner circle.
- Filming began February 27, 2015 and finished July 2, 2015. Shooting took place around Yongin, Namyangju, Mungyeong, Sokcho, and Hwasun, South Korea.
- Movie is actor Yoo Seung-Ho’s first acting performance since he completed his 2 year military service on December 4, 2014.